Assertiveness Training at Work – 1 Day Course
Being assertive is ability to communicate your thoughts, emotions and beliefs in a confident and respectful way, without undermining your own or others’ rights.
Live And Learn Consultancy’s Assertiveness Training Course is designed to help you to assertively communicate with customers or fellow employees without being too passive or aggressive and instead creating positive outcomes from your interactions.
- Develop a more assertive mind-set.
- How to deal with difficult personalities.
- Get your message across with confidence.
- Identify assertive, aggressive, and passive behaviours.
- Apply assertiveness skills to build better relationships.
- Create more positive outcomes when interacting with others.
Assertive communicators who achieve positive outcomes will always consider the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of others. Lack of assertiveness in the workplace can result in employees and teams feeling angry and argumentative.
People who are assertivein the workplace have developed the ability get their point across without upsetting others or becoming upset themselves.
Identifying how to be assertive at work is an essential skill in business as is it allows you to bring your work ideas and points across with real clarity.
What Does Our Assertiveness Training at Work Involve?
Please note we can tailor the below course objectives to meet your exact training requirements.
What is Assertiveness in the Workplace?
- Understand a clear definition of assertive behaviour.
- Define the benefits & barriers to assertive behaviour.
- Identify behaviour that is non-assertive.
Key Assertiveness Techniques
- Identify what prevents you from being assertive.
- How to ‘say no’ with confidence and clarity.
- Discover how to respect the views and beliefs of others.
- Learn the `I` technique of assertive behaviour.
- Recognise passive, aggressive, submissive, indirect or assertive behaviour.
- Learn techniques for dealing with difficult people.
Understanding Different Assertive Behaviours
- Understand your own behaviour type.
- Gain highly active listening skills & interpersonal skills.
- Build positive relationships with introverted or dominant personalities.
Assertive Communication Skills
- Learn to confidently use your voice.
- Identify the power of body language.
- Recognise the importance of listening skills.
- Master emotions in difficult situations.
The Power of Win / Win Outcomes
- Identify the importance of win/win.
- How to disagree with people constructively.
- Confidently approach difficult and aggressive people.
Who Is This Assertiveness Training Course for?
Perfect for individual employees or team’s looking to develop their assertiveness skills and communicate with confidence and clarity.
- All Staff in The Workplace
- Front Line Staff
- Team Leaders
- Line Managers
- Senior Management
- All Job Roles
- For Doctors
- For Nurses
- For Police
- For Hotels
- For Call Centres
- For Teachers
- All Industry Sectors
- Healthcare And NHS
- Retail Industry
- Manufacturing Sector
- Hospitality Industry
- Contact Centre Industry
- Education or Schools
Where Is This Course Delivered?
As one of the leading and best assertiveness training providers in the UK, we are flexible to your team’s needs.
Option 1 – In-House – Delivered at your workplace.
Option 2 – Off-Site – Don’t have facilities at your work premises? No problem, our trainers can deliver this assertiveness skills course away from your workplace at a training venue that’s more suitable.
We can accommodate between x1 delegates and x12 delegates per training session, if you have more delegates, we can consider adding them on also.
How Long is this Course?
1 Day Course
9:30am – 4:30pm.
When? Depending on your team’s availability, you can choose any time and date that suits your team best.
You Will Receive
Key Course Notes
Assertiveness Training Materials
A4 Certificate of Achievement
Assertiveness Training at Work Review
Following this course, our team gained a variety of practical assertive skills to help us communicate our message more clearly and confidently. By utilising the power of being more assertive, we have experienced less conflict and instead created a more productive working environment!