Disciplinary and Grievance Training
Ready to resolve employee discipline issues more effectively?
Our Disciplinary and Grievance Training Course has equipped managers across the UK to successfully handle grievance at work.
This training course will help you resolve conduct offences early, avoid matters escalating to a more formal level and reduce the risk of a costly tribunal claim.
Disciplinary at work can be costly and stressful for both the employee and the business, particularly if handled incorrectly. To ensure a fair process, employment laws and legislation are in place to safeguard both the employee and the employer.
Key Benefits of Our Disciplinary and Grievance Training
Understand the disciplinary and grievance process.
Learn how to handle difficult conversations with employees.
Identify how to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances.
Learn to setup and conduct effective disciplinary meetings at work.
Protect you and your business from employment disputes and tribunals.
Please note, the below training objectives can be tailored to suit your exact needs. Want a fully bespoke design? View our full 1 day HR Course List.
Introduction to Discipline And Grievance
- Understand the legal rights of the employer and the employee out lined by ACAS
- Identify the appeals process in line with current employment law.
- The right to appeal in line with the law.
Disciplinary And Grievance Procedures at Work
- Learn techniques to avoid getting to this stage.
- How to avoid employment disputes and costly tribunals.
- Understand the importance of investigation, documentation and accurate recording.
- Identify a legal and consistent process to effective management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
Disciplinary & Grievance Measures
- Identify when and how to conduct suspensions.
- Confidently be able to carry out an investigation.
- Understand what fair reasons for dismissal are.
- Identify the difference between conduct and capability.
- Use SMART goals to manage improvements for conduct or capability.
How To Conduct Disciplinary Meetings & The Next Steps
- Learn how to prepare for a disciplinary or grievance meeting.
- Confidently be able to execute a disciplinary or grievance meeting.
- Handle difficult conversations confidently and effectively.
- Be aware of potential outcomes and the next steps.
Quick Course Overview
Who is it suitable for?
For managers, supervisors and team leaders who currently deal with disciplinary and grievance at work.
We can accommodate small or large groups depending on the size of your team.
Where is this course delivered?
Delivered in-house at your work offices.
Please note, if you do not have training facilities, our Disciplinary Training for managers can also be delivered off-site, away from your workplace.
1 Day Course – 9:30am to 4:30pm
Lunch Break and two 15 minute breaks. (We can change times to suit your needs)
Participants Will Receive
Key Course Notes
A4 Certificate of Achievement
Disciplinary and Grievance Training Review
Grievance at work was a serious issue. This course has provided our line managers and supervisors with the knowledge and skills to implement the latest grievance procedures.
Following this course, there has been a significant improvement in team morale due to staff feeling valued, and issues of employee disciplinary at work being dealt with more professionally.
Request Course Details