Appraisal Training for Managers – 1 Day
Learn how to conduct meaningful performance reviews by gaining the skills to provide constructive staff feedback and ultimately deliver great appraisals at work.
By conducting effective staff performance appraisals, your team will feel more empowered, motivated and happier within their job role.
So, why are appraisals important and why are they needed? Monthly or year-end reviews provide the perfect platform for line managers to build better relationships with their staff, evaluate their employees concerns and provide constructive feedback.
Live And Learn Consultancy’s Performance Appraisal Training Course equips supervisors, managers and team leaders with the following appraisal skills.
Become a more confident appraiser.
Make one to one meetings more meaningful.
Handle difficult conversations confidently.
Key Benefits of This Appraisal Training Course
How to conduct impactful staff performance appraisals.
Gain an effective appraisal process.
Ensure your team remain positive and motivated.
Prepare thoroughly for an annual appraisal.
How to provide feedback, praise staff and criticise constructively.
Please note, the below content and appraisal course objectives can be tailored to suit the way your business conducts and evaluates your performance review process. Want a fully bespoke design? View our full HR Course List.
Preparing for An Appraisal
- Learn how to prepare for delivering an appraisal.
- Identify the key benefits and pitfalls of staff appraisals.
- Understand your role as the supervisor, team leader or manager.
The Appraisal System
- Understand the appraisal process.
- The importance of an appraisal system for the business and employee.
Conducting Great Appraisal Meetings
- Successfully structure and introduce the appraisal meeting.
- Handle difficult conversations with confidence.
- Learn how to give constructive feedback to staff members.
- The importance of effective communication as part of the process.
- Explore the skills required to motivate staff with constructive criticism.
Creating A Successful Staff Progression Plan
- Set individual objectives in line with business needs.
- Setting your staff SMART objectives for personal growth and development.
Quick Overview of our Appraisal Training
Who are our Appraisal Courses for?
For line managers, team leaders or HR professionals who conduct monthly or year-end staff performance reviews.
We can accommodate small or large groups depending on the size of your team.
Where is this course delivered?
Delivered in-house at your work offices.
Please note, if you do not have training facilities, our Appraisal Skills Training Courses can also be delivered off-site, away from your workplace.
How long is this course?
1 day course, typically 10am to 4pm.
(We can change times to suit your needs)
Your Course Includes
Key Course Notes
A4 Certificate of Achievement